Whew! It's always a difficult experience to talk about mental illness in your family, isn't it? And it isn't all about the sick one, is it? Like alcoholism, drug addition and any serious illness, mental illness affects the whole family.
That's what Tracy May, who faced childhood abuse by her mother, a paranoid schizophrenic, her father's misogyny, abandonment of friends and relatives and sexual abuse, showed us you can experience it and come out on the other side still standing.
Keeping Mother's Secrets is available on line on Amazon and Barnes and Noble in hardback, paperback, Kindle and Nook. Book sale profit will be donated to Chidhelp to help abused children to thrive!\
Keeping Mother's Secrets news:
- 22,000 likes on Facebook! Author responds to all comments.
- Award winning book! 2015 Readers' Favorites Silver Medal Award, Nonfiction Drama.
- Front cover Aug. 24th, 2015 issue of Publisher's Weekly.
- Book trailer, 13,591 views on Youtube
- Rated 5 stars on Amazon as well as Barnes and Noble (as of 2/11/2016).
Don't forget to sign up for my FREE SAVYY SIZZLE teleseminar on Thursday, March 10 at 1pm. SAVVY SIZZLE TOOLKIT
In my open, I referenced a couple of the articles. You can read them too:
I also talked about my 2006 experience when Gerald Ford was lying in state at the Capitol in DC. Here's my "memento" from that night and the subsequent article I wrote about Betty Ford.
And here are today's quotes: