Are You Ready for Victory?
When you usually hear about victory it’s most often attached to traditionally masculine domains like sports, politics, and war. But at the Victorious Woman Project, we’re focused on the feminine victory.
Feminine victory is really powerful – when you understand what it is and how to embrace it.
Feminine Victory isn’t about overt action or aggressive behaviors. And it’s not a goal to achieve or a one-time event akin to winning a race – though a victory can result in that kind of success .
Feminine Victory reflects the stretch a woman makes to get from where she is to where she wants to be. It’s not the end-game but a building block that progressively takes the Victorious Woman to the fuller, greater expression of her authentic self.
Feminine Victory is the stuff that happens on the inside – that shows up on the outside. And while goals come and go with different lifestyles, needs and desires, victory lasts forever!
At the Victorious Woman Project, we want to help you find the inspiration and motivation for Feminine Victory so that you can BE MORE of who you really are, DO MORE of the things that satisfy your soul and make you feel happy, and HAVE MORE of the life that makes you feel the fulfillment that come with living on purpose.
Launched in September 2004, the site began as a promotional site for Annmarie Kelly’s first book, Victorious Woman! Shaping Life’s Challenges into Personal Victories. But by 2007, it began morphing into a resource site for women. By September 2011 the Victorious Woman Project website readers are women, like you, who are ready for victory: smart, talented, resourceful and passionate about life….but has spent too many years surviving life instead of living it. The aspiring Victorious Woman is tired of accommodating everyone else’s wants only to find those same loved ones “busy” when she wants help with her own needs and wants. She’s tired of merely surviving her life and wants meaning, more joy, and more fullness. The aspiring Victorious Woman has reached a stage of life where she wants something BETTER and to wholly LOVE the life that they were born to live.
Are you that woman?
At the Victorious Woman Project, we understand you. Maybe you were encouraged to live that “good girl” lifestyle – and now you feel that being such a good girl didn’t get you happiness, success, satisfaction or fulfillment. And while you were focusing your good girl life on the agendas of a spouse, partner, children, parents, friends, etc., you probably put your own needs, dreams and desires on the back-burner. Now, at this stage of life, you’ve starting thinking that you want something more for yourself.
You aren’t alone. Did you know that the biggest regret of the dying is that they lived their lives by someone else’s standards and expectations?
So maybe you are choosing to expand your horizons, ramp up your career or start a business. Maybe the change wasn’t your choice but the result of an empty nest, or a death, separation, divorce.
Either way, here you are, at a crossroads. And you’re feeling you don’t have the skills or confidence or you’re carrying around too much baggage from the past to move forward.
That’s where the Victorious Woman Project comes in. We help you STRETCH and GROW into the Victorious Woman YOU WANT REALLY TO BE. Here are some of the things we do:
- Bring you stories about women who faced and overcame difficult life events, so you can feel inspired and encouraged make changes in your own life.
- Challenge you to dust-off those old dreams, think beyond your current routine and go after the bigger and best expression of who you are – of you true SELF.
- Give you resources, including “how-to” articles, teleseminars, question and answer forum, the latest research you can use, books to read, links to more resources, group coaching, and so much more!
- If you are in the workplace, we help you become a better leader, executive or business own with SmartWoman@Work.
- If you are divorced, separated, an empty nester, widowed or just tired of the same old same old, we help you make the most of your second chance and start a new chapter.
- If you are in a relationship and marrying – for the first time, or not – we help you find a unique way to invent/reinvent your marriage so that you have stronger bonds and greater intimacy.
Who is the typical Victorious Woman Project user?
While every Victorious Woman has her own unique story, and there is usually nothing “typical” about her, we can tell you that she usually is:
- Is asking “Is this it – is this all there is?”
- 40-55+ years old, with at least an undergraduate degree (or pursuing one)
- In the midst of some kind of life change brought on by an illness or physical change, death, divorce, separation, empty nest, or…
- Thinking about making a change, like getting a divorce or starting a business
- Ready to stretch out of her comfort zone so she can have BE-DO-HAVE more
- Motivated to find her best SELF and live her best life
- Generally upbeat with a positive and hopeful attitude, but she is often…
- Suffering from guilt and low-grade depression that can zap her energy, and…
- Feeling invisible, both at work and at home
- Concerned about her health and tries to exercise and watch her diet
- Struggling with her weight but doesn’t make herself crazy about it
- Enjoying good food and wine with friends
- Shopping at Chico’s, Talbots, Macys & Dillards but also Target, Whole Foods and Costco
- Increasingly more excited about her relationships with her girlfriends – a little “Sex and the City” and a little “Hot in Cleveland” and starting to have a touch of “Golden Girls”