Persistence is finding what isn't working and not doing it anymore. But, as Seth Godin says (see the Secret to Persistence), it's about focusing on the goal and changing what you are doing to achieve it. But change, even when you know it has to happen, isn't easy. That's where your victory comes into play. Victory is in the persistent stretches you make our of your comfort zone.
- Figure out what isn't working
- Take responsibility for it
- Choose something better - another process or direction; mastermind with your mentor or trusted colleagues
- Make a plan for implementation
- Take consistent action toward the goal and the greater, fuller expression of who you really are
Persistence, like victory, isn't for sissies!
Your Victory Challenge:
- What isn't working in your life right now?
- Are you unhappy in your job or relationship or with yourself? What do you want different?
- Are you lacking focus?
- So many of us have a goal but we have only a vague sense of what it is and how it will improve our lives? Get really clear.
- Are you trying to do too many things?
- You cannot be all things to all people, and when you try, you are nothing to yourSELF. Multitasking is no badge of honor, so give it up!
- Are your efforts scattered?
- How many projects have you started the left them halfway through? If you're anything like me, it happens a lot - you are a mufti-faceted woman who is capable and competent in many areas. In my case, I have files and files of half-written keynotes, articles and workshops. They're getting in the way of completing my next book (it's about marriage and you're going to love!).
So this summer I'm cleaning up old stuff so I can start on the new. What about you? What will you commit to cleaning up this summer so you can start the fall fresh and focused?
Tell me what's what for you on facebook and we'll keep ourselves motivated into persistence - and victory!
If you aren't already on FB with The Victorious Woman Project, do it now: http://www.facebook.com/victoriouswomanproject
What is the Victorious Woman Project?
Founded by Annmarie Kelly, the Victorious Woman Project is a female empowerment resource containing articles, classes, books, podcasts and other tools for women over 40.